Wednesday 4 February 2015

Jefferson Hope Confession

I, Jefferson Hope, confess that I have killed Enoch Drebber of Salt Lake City, Utah.
It all happened about twenty-one years ago. I was driving some cattle from the Nevada mountains to Salt Lake City. It was then when I met Lucy Ferrier, daughter of John Ferrier. We fell in love and were to marry, if it weren't for the Mormons whom they were living with. It was against Mormon law for Lucy to marry a gentile like me, so she and her father were forced to flee from the Mormons with my aid. We travelled together for a while, but one evening when I was away hunting the Mormons found Lucy and John Ferrier. I returned to find the grave of John Ferrier and no trace of Lucy. From that point on I decided to dedicate my life to revenge, and I traveled for days until I returned to the home of the saints. I learned that Lucy had been married off to Drebber. When she died a month later, I took the marriage ring off her finger and bid her one last goodbye before I set off in search for revenge. For a number of months I lived in the mountains and attempted murdering Drebber a number of times while he was travelling. I pursued Drebber for several years, from America to Europe. I chased after him from city to city, until I finally found him in London. There I met him and offered him the two pills, one of which was poison and the other harmless. I wanted God to judge between us and pass judgment. I was so overcome in that moment; I had finally reached Drebber, whom I had been pursuing for years, who was responsible for the death of John Ferrier and my dear Lucy. Drebber chose the poison pill and died. I showed him Lucy's ring as he died. I wrote the word Rache on the wall shortly afterward. However once I had left the house, I realized that I had lost Lucy's ring somewhere between here and the house. I turned back to retrieve it but the detectives were there. I pretended to be drunk to avoid suspicion. A few days later I found Stangerson in a hotel room and have killed him as well, however instead of choosing a pill like Drebber he first tried to attack me with a knife. I left the hotel and waited to be discovered, as I soon was.

No comments:

Post a Comment